Re: [TCLUG:11551] Hardware Question

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Dave Erickson wrote:

> What do you guys think about using another Hard Drive, perhaps located
> on a second machine, for backups in place of a Tape Drive?

The only problems I see with that are problems with physical locations if
it is on the same site (eg, fires, or if someone is malicious, they can be
malicious to both machines), and the problem that if you were hacked,
someone may be able to get at the other machine and delete files there
too. Both are pretty small risks though, so if you wanted to do that, it'd
work fine.

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700