Re: [TCLUG:11609] q3

Rodney Ray wrote:
> All went well this is is the output from the install.
> When I run q3 I get the following message.
> [root@rray3 q3demo]# ./q3demo
> Q3 1.11 linux-i386 Dec  4 1999
> ----- R_Init -----
> or current dir: libglide2x.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> failed
> from /etc/ld.so.conf or current dir: libglide2x.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> failed
> ----- CL_Shutdown -----

Rodney,

Try to locate the shared library files libglide2x.so and
libMesaVoodooGL.so (or libglide2x.so* and libMesaVoodooGL.so*) on your
system. I don't know much about this problem, but it looks like you
might have to install Mesa (if it isn't included the two RPMs you
installed, see the READMEs). If Mesa is included, the files may be in
the wrong place (I think /etc/ld.so.conf lists the places these shared
libraries can be if they aren't in the current directory), or the
libraries have the version number attached (like libMesaVoodooGL.so.3.3)
and no symbolic link to it in the same directory (like
libMesaVoodooGL.so->libMesaVoodooGL.so.3.3). Check these things out and
if something I'm saying is unclear (90% chance) ask me to clarify. Good
luck,

Troy