Re: [TCLUG:11633] Ip address timouts

Scott Dier - dieman wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Dave Erickson wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how long my IP address will stay the same with Mediaone
> > on a two-way cable modem?
> Could be weeks, could be 24h.
>
> > I have my web server up and I can access it from the net with a
> > different computer but the address will change right?
> Um. m1 will say servers are A) unsupported and b) discouraged.  Cable
> modems are not a replacement for a ptp line, its a nice alternative to
> people who want faster access for cheaper.

Yes well m1 can't seem to support much of anything now can they? It is
not my intention to operate the server on the cable modem, I am just
using it to work out the bugs so there won't be too many suprises when
it goes live. (On a DSL)

As far as the renew time, I would rather it be shorter from an end user
point of view.

--
Dave Erickson
"You can preach a better sermon with