Re: [TCLUG:11792] [TCLUG] I'd like some opinions on a business

Scott wrote:
> > Knowing that the hardware I buy is 1) local and 2) works with Linux
> > would be great for us.  If you had a lot of options, like standard or
> > rack-mount cases, RAID, etc, that would be great.
>
>      I'd try to provide as many options as possible from the
> start, it's all just a matter of money when it comes to how
> big I can start.  Rack-mount cases & the like would be
> fairly easy to acquire, but my itch to offer PPC based
> systems is a bit tougher to scratch.
>
> > If you go through with this I'd sure like to know about it.
>
>      If I keep getting responses like that, I'll definitely
> go through with it.  Kind of slow going since I not only
> have to learn about some of the more esoteric stuff (like
> raid), but I have to learn the entire disgusting business
> side of things.  If people dig it though I'm willing to
> suffer through it.

I dunno. There's places around. I used to work at Uptime Computer
Services in Brooklyn Center for one. www.uptimecsi.com  I'd recommend
them, they use mostly intel motherboards, NICs and CPUs, Mylex RAID
cards on servers, which are all quite Linux compatable near as I've
seen, (VA uses the same stuff, it seems...) but will me more than happy
to supply anything you want...