permission problem

Good morning,

I've got one last big problem with my network at school, and I'm hoping
that someone out there will be able to suggest what to try next. It's a
continuation of something I mentioned last week. I've been digging, but
I'm stumped.

I run ypserv (NIS) on the main server so that I can log in from any
machine on the network. In addition, the /home directory is NFS-mounted so
that anyone can use any machine and have transparent access to their
files. This worked before!!

Now when I try to log in to the workstation on my desk I get the following
message:

Red Hat Linux release 5.2 (Apollo)
Kernel 2.0.36 on an i586
login: wilson
Password:
Last login: Wed Feb  3 07:24:51 from localhost
bash: /home/wilson/.bash_profile: Permission denied
[wilson@galileo wilson]$

I don't get the Permission denied message when I log in at the server
console--only when I'm using NIS and NFS. A listing of my .bash* files in
my home directory gives:

[wilson@thales wilson]$ ls -l .bash*
-rw-------   1 wilson   wilson        450 Feb  3 07:40 .bash_history
-rw-r--r--   1 wilson   wilson         24 Feb  1 15:32 .bash_logout
-rw-r--r--   1 wilson   wilson        230 Feb  1 15:32 .bash_profile
-rw-r--r--   1 wilson   wilson        124 Feb  1 15:32 .bashrc

What's particularly irritating is that this worked before I did the server
upgrade. Does anyone have a clue as to what to try next? TIA.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your