Re: [TCLUG:4011] InternetConnection

> but i have to have the one that my ISP has right?

Well, that's the right way of doing things..  You should expect query
times to be somewhat quicker on your own ISP's machine, and it should be
more reliable (if a link between the U and the rest of the world went
down, you wouldn't be able to query it..)

It all depends on how you want to do things..  It may be a good idea to
use nameservers that are not at your ISP, just in case their machine
goes down for some reason.

At any rate, the U's servers are good ones to use if you can't find info
on your ISP's server (like you lost the strip of paper or something..)
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1