Re: [TCLUG:4004] my sound died

> $ lsof /dev/dsp
>
> this should tell you what is using the device, if anything.  here's an ex.
> $ lsof /dev/dsp
> COMMAND PID    USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF INODE NAME
> mpg123  940 whisper    4w   CHR   14,3      0t0 14489 /dev/dsp
> $

lsof /dev/dsp just hangs and uses all my cpu power. Maybe it isn't
compatible with kernel 2.2. Any other means of finding out what is using
/dev/dsp (I assume that /dev/dsp is used for mp3s, but not wav's played
via play or audio cd's)

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Sometimes, I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
in  the universe, is that it has never tried to contact us.
     --Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes)