Re: [TCLUG:4151] Virtual Consoles and XWindow

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, David Christian wrote:

> If I use startx to start an XWindow session, then type ctrl-alt-Fx to
> get to a different console, and then use alt-Fx to get back to the
> XWindow session, I only get a text-display of the x-server information.

Depending on how your console is set up, try hitting CTRL+ALT+F7 or F9. In
most cases, the display is on the console just after your last usable text
console. Which this is varies by distribution and individual
configuration.

---------(( Christopher Reid Palmer : www.pconline.com/~reid/ ))---------

              the characters i am, made into a word complete
                              -- Meshuggah