    From: Paul Hocker <phocker@visi.com>
    To: TCLUG <tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>
    Date: Sunday, February 14, 1999 8:56 AM
    Subject: [TCLUG:4167] DIALD & IP Forwarding

    Has anybody had any luck setting up a network with DIALD and IP
Forwarding. I have got everything going except for one small annoying
problem. On the first connection with a WINDOWS client. the first
packet seems to get lost and the user is forced to stop the request
(either FTP, TELNET, HTTP) and start over again. the second request
runs fine. I have read the docs for DIALD and it seems that this is
ALWAYS going to be a problem if youy have a DYNAMIC IP with your
provider. There MUST be a way around this! Has anybody had any
experience with this? Should I maybe use something other that DIALD? I
am not at 2.2 yet so I cannot use IPCHAIN.

    I am just looking for general info now, but if someone wants to
see my conf files, I will gladly send them.

    Thanks,
    Paul.