Re: [TCLUG:4288] Not-So-Rosy Linux Article in the Star/Trib

Agreed. Anyone ever try upgrading a Gateway from win95 to win98? The install
program fails because it asks for files that aren't included on the win98
install disk. additionally, it won't let you search anywhere else...

Personally, I've installed Linux on a machine I didn't have the win95 CDROM
drivers for. Red Hat found all my hardware, no sweat.

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Schlough, Mark (NM IT) wrote:

> http://www2.startribune.com/cgi-bin/stOnLine/article?thisSlug=test24&date=24
> -Feb-1999

Steve sure had a hard time with Linux, but somebody who hasn't installed
Windows a dozen times will have the same problem with something like NT as
well. OK, not as much trouble, but it's no picnic.

I'd like to correct his statement that "Linux users today number in the
thousands", but I want a solid reference. Where can I find the
authortative 10 million estimate?

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>