Re: [TCLUG:4344] Looking for CDE for Linux

Xi Graphics (www.xig.com) offers a cde version of their Accelerated X
environment.  They offer both MaXimum cde/OS and cde.  It's pretty
expensive, but they do offer site license agreements.  Word around the
campfire is that they will eventually have a glibc-based version (Xi V5),
but still as yet do not offer any libc6 binaries.  It still runs just fine
on RedHat5.x and other glibc-based Linuces.  Their installer is a house
special; a gnu tar archive.  It'll install fine on RedHat systems, but it
would be nice had they also offered an RPM package for it as well since
non-rpm packaged software will not register into rpm's dependency
database.  It's probably safe to assume that the future release of their
product will be available in RPM format.

Peter Lukas