Re: [TCLUG:6796] relocating Red Hat KDE RPMS

--- Peter Lukas <peter@math.umn.edu> wrote:
> If the packages were build correctly, you can use the:

> flag or if all else fails, use --badreloc.  The folks at RedHat are pretty
> adamant about placing everything in /usr (for better or worse), and that
> doesn't always play well with the rest of the *NIX world.

I see upon re-reading my original message that I didn't quite explain what I
meant to. :)  I know how to relocate RPMs (believe me I spent a lot of time
looking at 'man rpm' when I first installed Linux), but I am just trying to
find out if anyone has actually done this and had success, i.e., KDE still
starts properly, apps run, etc.

Sorry for the confusion.

Joel