Test and Success (partly)

I'm still not getting TCLUG digests, but now I've added myself to the
regular list. This is partly a test to see if I get my own message.

It's also prtly to state that I have finally successfully installed RedHat
Linux 6.0 on my IBM ThinkPad 750P. This was tricky because it has no
CDROM. I had to use a NIC, and because I'm still rather new at Linux
services, I used NT's Peer Web Services to get an FTP server running.

My 750P now boots LILO, runs linux by default, and starts GNOME and
Enlightenment when asked! I could not get X to run under RH5.2 usably.

Now if I could only get sound working... and the pen... and hibernation...

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
  - Jimmy James, News Radio