Re: [TCLUG:7074] Oracle 8i

At 02:18 PM 7/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Oracle 8i for Linux is out.  It requires glibc 2.0.x, where x is 6 or
>greater.  It requires a (free) registration.  As seen on Slashdot.
>
>http://technet.oracle.com/tech/linux
>
>-Chris

There is a glibc 2.1 patch for the RH 6.0 people.  In addition, on the
Oracle discussion group, I saw where a guy got Oracle 8.0.5 running on a
Slackware 4.0 distribution.  I haven't tried the install/patch yet, it took
all day to get the 257 MB file across.

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old AT&T Unix that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.