Partition question

I have a stupid partition question.  I created a partition on
/dev/hda7.  How do a.) format it and b.) name it?  I know how to do this
in the Microsoft world.  All the documentation I have read talks about
partitions when you install Linux but none speak to creating partitions
from free space after the fact.

--

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures......

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to
frown BUT it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack the
asshole upside the head.