More on laptop sound

After reading the data sheets, and going over the kernel source, I've
found these truths:

- My CS4231 is nothing like the CS4232/6/6B in the cs4232 driver.
- My CS4231 is supposed to be like the AD1848 in the ad1848 driver.
- My CS4231 does not work with the ad1848 driver. I get device busy errors
during startup, even when I change the conf.modules to the correct address
of the sound chip.

What is my next step? E-mail Alan Cox, who I'm sure gets hundreds of
e-mails a day, since his name is in the source files?

Any other ideas?

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
  - Jimmy James, News Radio