Re: [TCLUG:7261] Assistance

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> Does anyone have either a few words of wisdom, encouragement, or a few
> spare minutes to 'splain me some stuff?  I'm on the right track
> conceptually, but am still getting the "chops" up.

Phil,

I general, I've had the best luck compiling my own programs when I'm
running one of the latest distributions. Since it's in active development,
I'm sure that Gnucash wants the latest libs. You'd have better luck if you
were working with RH 6.0. Barring that, keeping up to date with the latest
RedHat updates may do just as well.

Good luck.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your