RE: [TCLUG:7271] academic perl exercise...

You guys are awesome !!!

Thanks,

I knew it could be done.  I was talking about the merits of perl to some
folks at work, and the C-folks sprung this one on me.
They love using C for text processing and database interaction.  ...pining
on and on about pointers and pointer arithmetic.  As if this was required to
move data fields around in database tables. :-/

Oh well.

Seeing that this is possible, especially in a non-trivial example, somehow
validates that Perl is a 'real' language.  _I_ already knew that, it's just
cool to demonstrate to folks using a criterion they can recognize.

Mark