more netscape ldap questions

I'm running (experimenting with) openldap on my computer. I have the
following basic setup for /etc/ldap/slapd.conf:

database        ldbm
suffix          "o=Ben Tech Int, c=US"
directory       /var/ldap
rootdn          "cn=root, o=Ben Tech Int, c=US"
rootpw          secret

I'm trying to get netscape to login in to the ldap server as root so I can
add entries. What do I put in for server root and for login name? I've
tried blank and O=BEN TECH INT,C=US for server root and root for username,
but I always get either an unknown error or no such object.

Also, anyone know of a free ldap services I can use?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

History will bear me out, particularly as I shall write that history myself.
       -- Winston Churchill