Re: [TCLUG:6246] /boot/System.map woes

The files /boot/System.map needs to be the the System.map for your kernel
version. When you upgraded to rh6.0, it gave you kernel 2.2.5-15 and put
it in /usr/src/linux. often /boot/System.map is a link to
/usr/src/linux/System.map, so when /usr/src/linux was upgraded, the
System.map changed. Hopefully there is a backup of your old kernel version
(/usr/src/linux-2.x.x) and you can copy that to /boot/System.map.

Another option is to get the latest kernel, put it in /usr/src/linux-2.2.9
and linux /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/linux-2.2.9 and then recompile, then
the /boot/System.map will link to your kernel version.

Hope this helps (and is correct),

Ben