Netscape hanging & can't be killed

Problem:

After opening 5-8 Netscape web pages, Netscape will blank out on each page
and
become unresponsive.  I can kill each Netscape window on the desk top with
the mouse but it is still running in the back ground as displayed in "Top"
with it taking up to 95% of the CPU's time.

I am not able to kill it in Top.

How do I kill this hanging and unresponsive Netscape?  Why is it happening
frequently?  So far, rebooting appears to be my only method.

Running Redhat 6.0 with AMD K6 300 and 64 megs of ram.  Problem occurred in
5.1 as well.

Mark