RE: [TCLUG:6261] Compaq Proliant 1000 and linux

I also have worked on similar systems.  the onboard SCSI controler will not
work with the linux driver, it won't even work with the standard NCR NT driver
(thanks compaq, you are so wonderful)  you have to use a special boot disk for
teh smart-2/E controler.  the Tlan driver does not support EISA devices.. only
PCI. (as stated in tlan.c)

E-Mail: Ben Kochie <ben@nerp.net>
Date: 03-Jun-99
Time: 10:46:56