RE: [TCLUG:6350] junkbusters rules, but..

> Does this mean you don't want to configure the browsers to use the Linux box
> as a proxy, or that you don't want to actually install a proxy on each
> machine (YUCK!)? My network admin experience has been that you need to
> configure the browsers to use the proxy, and in the browser config, you can
> specify addresses to be treated as "local" and therefore available without
> the proxy.

I don't want to have to setup a proxy on each computer's browser. I want
the gateway setting for ipmasq to be only setting needed. Currectly, (I
think) all non subnet requests goto gateway (linux box). If the
request is http (or ftp, telnet, etc) then my linux box does ipmasq and
makes the connection. for http requestions, it is recieving a port 80
request for some foreign server...

So, if I use ipchains to forward all port 80 requests other than server
ip, to port 8080 and put my proxy (junkbuster) on 8080, will masquerading
work but go through junkbuster w/o my clients noticing?

I'll test some settings when I get in the office on Friday. Thanks for the
help,

Ben