Re: [TCLUG:6384] Cheap high-volume backups?

Well, from experience, I've found software raid is only about a 10% drain
on the CPU on a decent machine. Not too bad. A SCSI raid controller is
nowhere near $2-5k anymore.. you can get a quality mylex controller with
caching for around $700, or a Flashpoint with RAID for around $80 (which
would be equivilent to the IDE raid adaptor.. no cache). I still haven't
seen IDE drives that can come close to SCSI drives in high-load (eg,
server) performance anyways. But then again, this is getting pretty far
off-topic. *grin*

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop