Re: [TCLUG:6445] BIND with topology or sortlist?

> Is there a way to force BIND to look to one server for a particular domain and
> another server for everything else?
>
> For instance, if I lookup up www.company.com, I want the request to goto
> 10.10.0.1, but if I lookup www.yourcompany.com, I want the request to goto
> 206.100.7.252.

I don't think so. DNS relies on a strict heirarchy in order to work. That
heirarchy relies on asking one server for any addresses you don't already
know (other DNS entries are strictly backups). Having such a "routing"
feature would compromise the heirarchy, and probably make it almost
unmanageable. I may be wrong, but I don't remember anything like that when
I was managing a DNS server a while ago...

Neal