RE: [TCLUG:6569] Help in setting up headless firewall

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:

> On 18 Jun, Neal Tovsen wrote:
> > Don't you run into problems with keyboard errors when you boot? I thought
> > that, on some computers at least, it won't continue booting if it gets a
> > keyboard error.
>
> You can usually shut this off in the BIOS, change halt on all errors to
> something else, or say keyboard not present.

Otherwise you get something cool like "keyboard missing, press F1 to
continue".  :/

I tried setting up a headless/serial console machine once.  The serial
console thing was (IMO) too much of a pain.  Now I just use a KVM switch.

But it might not be a bad idea to do the serial console thing if your
other "heads" are not pc compatible...

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com