Re: [TCLUG:6596] Core

I have the same problem. It is one of the gnome/enlightenment programs
that are set to start automagically when you start X. It core dumps for
some reason once every now and then.

And in my case the window manager refuses to start up when that happens
and when I quit with a <ctrl-alt-backspace> i can see a lot of messages
like "mit cookie authentication request rejected" or something similar
on the screen.

Each time this happens I end up with a core file on my desktop. All I do
is restart my Xserver and it does not bother me.

The main reason I have not followed it up is that I am tired of hunting
down bugs in stuff like this when all I need to do is edit a document
or send an e-mail.  Sometimes I spend more time trouble-shooting the
environment than actually doing what I planned to.

regards,
sandipan