Fwd: X died with Mandrake 6.0 upgrade

I had redhat 5.2 installed and I lose my /usr partition. I formatted
/usr
for ext2 and booted off the Mandrake 6.0 cd and did an upgrade. Now my X
doesn't work: When I run X, starx or xinit (X is linked to Xwrapper) I
get:

execve failed for /etc/X11/X (errno 2)

The problem seems to be Xwrapper since when I run XF86_SVGA it works
(well, it gives an error about runing as root -- but X starts doing
stuff). Any ideas what is wrong with Xwrapper.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."  -- Mao Tse-tung