res and refresh w/ fb

How can I set the terminal resolution and refresh rate on my MAtrox
Mystique 220 with frame buffer support. I tried running fbset -xres 1024
-yres 768  and it just brought my monitor into dpms mode.  The commands
in teh kernel documentation don't convert the hexidecal to numbers,
which I need to use lilo to pass the commands and they don't tell me how
to change the refresh mode.

Thanks,

Ben

--
Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu

So the GOP thinks the American public has a short-term memory. Well, I
have
one word for them -- potatoe.
        -- Karen Baird, Letters to Editor, San Francisco Chronicle
12/17/98