[TCLUG:6709] NFS

Hello Matt Chrystal:

>	Ive recntly installed debian 2.1 (slink) on one of my computers in
> my computer lab with the intension of using it as an nis server.
> ive got nis working can do the ypcat, ypwhich commands and everything
> works. my problem is that i cant get it to automount home directories.
> it keeps saying in syslog:
> mountd[928]: access from host xx.xx.xx.xx rejected or mountd blocked. what
> ence with this type of problem? im not running the daemons out of inetd
> and since it worked once i assume it is set up ok. the only thing i
> cqan think is that this slink machine is a 2.0.36 kernel and all my
> other machines are redhat 6.0 2.2.5 is there some conflicts between
> kernel versions?
> anyway im stumped. any help would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

well i can tell you for sure its not your kernel versions because
ive had nfs running between three different redhat linux machines
with very different kernel version number and never had a problem
like the one you describe above most likely what you do have is a
tcpwrapper problem it would help if you were to post the contents
of your /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files and then maybe
we can see what the problem is i would guess that you need to add
entries for your portmapper and rpc mount daemons hope that helps
regards john ps nice bricktext huh