Sound problems

Hi everybody...I'm having a problem with sound under Linux (Slackware 3.6,
kernel 2.2.2). Last weekend, I had a friend help me get sound working (for
the first time, woohoo!). I've got an Awe 64 PnP and support for it is
compiled as a module. I use isapnp to configure the card...And it works
fine for CDs all the time, but after some time of playing mp3s (in this
case, it was about a day and a half) it will just suddenly stop working,
giving me this error:

Sound error: Couldn't allocate DMA buffer
Can't open /dev/dsp!

I'm using mpg123 to play my mp3s...Rebooting solved the problem last time,
but now It's happened again...I don't really want to reboot every day and
a half just so I can play music. (Shades of Windows!)

Does anyone know what could causing this problem, or how to fix it?

Thanks,
	Luke