Re: [TCLUG:4480] IP Masq question, answer, and another question

>If you're running masquerading, you probably have to insert a module -
>ip_masq_ftp, IIRC.
>
>If you have a proxy, that would probably explain why Netscape works and
>ncftp doesn't..

I find ftp performance is not very good via my gateway using IPMasq... ie it
runs about 60% of the speed that the IPMasq host itself can pull.

Also, Larry, getting back to your original question, I used to run with a
dynamic IP address on my inet dialup. I used pppd to set the route as
default when it made the connection. For my slackware setup, this could be
done via the pppd command line or in the /etc/ppp/options file.  Good luck!