Re: [TCLUG:4666] compiling error II

> Now that I think about it, I suppose that the problem is not the files
> location, but the fact that the .h files just aren't there.  (I've searched
> the whole hard drive with no luck)  Does anyone know where I get these
> files from?  Are they compressed on my drive somewhere?  Do I need to
> download them from somewhere?  Should they already be on my drive and I've
> missed something important?

[snip]

> >cc -c -O2 -Wall wmmon.c -o wmmon.o
> >wmmon.c:79: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> >wmmon.c:80: X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory
> >wmmon.c:81: X11/extensions/shape.h: No such file or directory
> >make: *** [wmmon.o] Error 1

Hmm.. the Xlib.h and shape.h files should have been included with
XFree86 development packages (it's possible you didn't install them..
Look for 'XFree86-devel-*.rpm' on your CD or on the web..)  The xpm.h
file would be in an 'xpm-devel' package..

The files _should_ be located under the /usr/X11R6/include/ directory..

/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/xpm.h
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/shape.h

Of course, the other problem with your compiling is that the include
path doesn't seem to be there..  There should have been an argument
'-L/usr/X11R6/include' in there somewhere..

To compile the particular chunk that was quoted above, type in

cc -c -O2 -Wall -L/usr/X11R6/include wmmon.c -o wmmon.o

There's probably something in the Makefile you can modify to get that
option to show up with all of the individual .o files..

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1