kde problems

I installed the kde-1.1 rpm's and ran startkde and then closed windowmaker
and ran kwm. The system bogged down until X crashed and
control-alt-backspace wouldn't work, nor would control-alt-f2. I had to
telnet in to my computer and kill X. (Is there a better way?)

I then ran xinit and startkde and it is working fine, except that rxvt and
xterm and kde's terminal all look awful and aren't usable in pine. (I did
contrl-alt-f2 to use pine to write this e-mail). What's up? How does kde
affect (mess up) rxvt, and how can I brind rxvt back?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

I say, if life gives you a lemon, wing it right back at 'em and add some
lemons of your own!
     -- Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes)