Re: [TCLUG:5017] web server access control question

Check out this URL for info on .htaccess files. I think is will solve
your problem.
http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#dnsauth

As far as ColdFusion goes, I read that it will work with Apache, but
only on Slowaris machines. But beware, CF is EXTREMELY SLOW on solaris
because it is emulated and not totally ported. (Yea, go complain to
Allaire.)
They say are going to have a Linux port out soon. But who knows if this
will be a full port or just an emulation like solaris. They currently
have a redirector for Linux that apparently re-directs CF calls to a
real CF server. Check out their web site. http://www.allaire.com

Clay