packet sniffing

Hey everybody,

I was working with our school's sysadmin yesterday, and in the course of
our work he showed me how you could use a packet sniffer to diagnose
problems with network connections and such. This was on an NT box. This
would be really handy to have on my workstation for my own admin tasks.
Can anyone recommend a good Linux packet sniffer? Thanks.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your