Re: [TCLUG:6025] Can Linux avoid Microsoft's NT trap?

An interesting article indeed. I don't concern myself with these little
mass-marketing ego trips that Microsoft seems to be so fond of lately. I
want to see a broad-range test that covers as much of the field as we can
hit, for the express purpose of finding the strengths and weaknesses of
each product. Let's bring in all the players! Let's pit our best against
everyone's best and find out what we still need to work on and what
everyone else needs work on. That's the true spirit of the Open Source
community to me -- scientific-style peer review. Let's draw the suits into
it. This machismo bullshit that M$/Mindcraft are turning out doesn't
impress me and doesn't much impress consumers, I don't think. I moved past
that stage around age 13. Microsoft is over twenty years old -- I think
they should have matured enough by now to cut this crap out.

Peace,
Kevin Bullock
themystic@ringworld.org | TheMystic@EFNet | http://www.ringworld.org