Re: [TCLUG:6010] NetWare for Linux

Send reply to:  	tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
Date sent:      	Thu, 13 May 1999 14:39:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:           	Tim Wilson <wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu>
To:             	tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
Subject:        	[TCLUG:6010] NetWare for Linux

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Caldera's NetWare for Linux product?
> Specifically, does it play nicely with other distros? Anybody tried it
> with RedHat 6.0 yet?
>
> Later,
> Tim

If you ever get hold of the Caldera Netware client and get it going
would you let me know what you think of it??? I have posted several
requests for help with Netware connectivity and have yet to get a
response from anyone.

I d/l the Netware client for RedHat 5.1 but never got it going. Just
this week I discovered the ncpfs utilities that come with RedHat and
have been tinkering with them. I have been able to connect to a
Netware 4.11 server, but only with an account that is in the 'root'
level of the Netware tree (like Admin), and only from a RedHat system
with the 2.0.35 kernel. I got hold of a newer rpm for ncpfs today and
tried to get it going on the RH5.1 systems but it wouldn't fly
because it said it needed glibc 2.1 or something. I am going to try
getting that rpm on a RH6 system and see if that will let me connect.
I think the Caldera distribution or at least the Caldera for linux
package has a more robust support of NDS. I would think that they
will be coming out with a new version of it sometime soon though
because even that does not work with a Netware 5 server yet.

Mike