Re: [TCLUG:6029] Samba question.

Yes, in smb.conf specify a share entry like:

comment=public bits
path=/whatever
public=yes
writeable=no

That should set up a read-only share that can be accessed by anyone in the
workgroup.

--
Jim Raney

"I poured spot remover on my dog.  Now he's gone."	--Steven Wright

"At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his
thumb with a hammer."    			-- Marshall Lumsden