IRQ/DMA conflicts...

  Hi,

Well, I always knew I had too many devices on this machine... but a couple
of weeks ago I added a video capture card and all hell broke loose.

I have two com-ports (one disabled for the modem), a printer, an ethernet
card, a PS/2 mouse, a SCSI adapter and a sound card. Some are pnp, some
aren't. Some are PCi, some are ISA. Oh, the SVGA wanted an IRQ, too. And
then I added the video capture card.

first off, the video capture card, SCSI adapter, Ethernet card _and_ SVGA
all decided they're using IRQ 11. The ethernet card is a 3com 3c509b ISA
in pnp mode, the rest are PCI (or AGP). The 3com came with a "Disable PNP"
utility, and I disabled the screen's IRQ, but the SCSI and the video
capture have absolutely NO jumpers or IRQ changing utilities (the SCSI is
an Adaptech 2490).

I tried playing with the BIOS's PNP setup. No matter what I did something
kept conflicting... eventually I manually set whatever I could, disabled
things like the SVGA, tol the BIOS that Linux can handle the PNP itself
(isapnputils, pciutils and pnp in the kernel installed)... and it ALMOST
works.

Everything works except the sound card.

Here's my /proc/interrupts:
           CPU0
  0:    7851644          XT-PIC  timer
  1:      25564          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  7:     128865          XT-PIC  eth0
  8:          0          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:         14          XT-PIC  aic7xxx
 11:    4739012          XT-PIC  bttv
 12:     184140          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:     235200          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         27          XT-PIC  ide1

The sound WAS on IRQ5... I guess it's conflicting with the printer now
that eth0 is on IRQ7!

Is there ANYthing I can do about this rediculous IRQ shortage? Did they
invent PC Mboards with more IRQs yet?...

-Yaron