Re: [TCLUG:6144] IRQ/DMA conflicts...

  Hi,

On Sun, 23 May 1999 schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:

> 2.2.x supports some IRQ sharing, although I'm not sure how well it
> works.  It's not an easy thing to do.

I didn't see anything about it in the docs.. I think it WAS trying to
share 11 but the machine still kept hanging solid.

> You've still got 3,4 and 9 open though.

3 and 4 are a serial port and the modem. They're not showing in that
printout because I wasn't using them...

besides, like I said, most my devices won't _let_ me set their IRQ. I
tried getting the SCSI to use 5. I diable 11, it tried using 10. So I
disabled that, and it took 4. So I disabled everything _but_ 5, and the
BIOS and Ataptech setup said it was using IRQ 95! The device didn't work
at ALL then...

-Yaron