Re: [TCLUG:6148] Linux on laptops

I have been using RedHat 5.2 on an IBM 755CX.  Although I've yet to broach the internet, something about configuring the isp, et all I'm not understanding.  Not giving up yet.

Xwindows works, but because of the video card it lacks a lot of the colors, and I had a time just getting it to config what I've got.  It's running so I'm not going to mess with it just yet.

Running Applixware, and have installed several of RedHat 5.2 Power Tools, again run into difficulties with colors for xearth (using afterstep), xmountains, and sabre doesn't want to run either.

Tucker