Re: [TCLUG:9617] Increase priority on process

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Clayton T. Fandre wrote:

> Anyone know the easiest (safest) was to increase the priority of a
> process as a non-root user? A few of my ideas:
> 1. root cron to check for the specific process and renice it.
> 2. Write a set-uid c wrapper to start up the process. (nice)

Well, it's funny; do you mean 'increase' as in 'make more nice' (=lower
priority), or the opposite? heh Non-root users can always make their
processes more nice.

Otherwise, yeah a root cron job would do it.

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com