RE: [TCLUG:9695] An interesting site for security

wow, i guess linux must be based on stealth technology, i ran the
portscanner thing on my box at work, which is behind a perfect linux
ip_masq firewall (no ports open to the outside, OR inside)

and it showed all my ports as closed (as it should)

but it says that closed isn't good enough, SO i tried this..

ipchains -A input -p TCP -d 0.0.0.0/0 23 -j REJECT

and look, it now shows up as a STEATH port..

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)