Re: [TCLUG:9710] ip_masq_ftp

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Amy Tebbe wrote:

> Is ip_masq_ftp supposed to allow you to do passive ftp?

I think it's supposed to allow non-passive ftp. You will want to do an
'insmod ip_masq_ftp' in order to get your windows clients working.
You won't see this with Netscape because Netscape uses passive mode.
I don't think the MS windows client supports passive?

From the HOWTO/mini/IP-Masquerade

  FTP
        all supported platforms, with ip_masq_ftp.o module (not all
        sites work with certain clients; e.g. some sites cannot be
        reached using ws_ftp32 but works with netscape)

Regards

					- Karl