IDE Cards and Lilo

Got hold of a cruddy little machine.  The motherboard didn't care much for the
4 gig drive I stuck in so a chucked in an IDE card.  Disabled the onboard IDE
controler in the Bios, booted from my SuSE installation floppy and installed
away.   All seemed to be going well, the system recognized the Harddrive as
/dev/hda   Lilo ran without errors.  However when I reboot I seem to always get
stuck on the  LI of LILO

Meaning it gets to LI and hangs.      I booted up with the floppy again,
recopiled a kerlen with extended IDE support  (2.2.7) with the same results.
Anyone else ever ran into this?

Mike Nielsen            http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mnielsen
mnielsen@iastate.edu
"Linux, why use a Window when you have a door."