Re: [TCLUG:9763] Using Linux w/ MediaOne Express One-way cable modems

Um. I had an entry in my hosts:

192.168.100.1 cablemodem

and I was running named. never had problems.

****MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE THE BIOS UPGRADE****

Its on the site hidden under member services and on that page somewhere
for the Internet Exploder upgrade, cause to go to IE the bios on the 1200
has to be upgraded.  after this happens, *lynx*(!) can even get the modem
to dial.