Re: [TCLUG:9836] new install

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Alicia Larson wrote:

> I am unable to find a "howto" get into the bios and check/change the LBA

This varies by BIOS brand and version. Generally you hit DEL or F2 just
after powering the system on. There will be a message on the screen.

> mode and am leary of reinstalling under the "expert" mode to designate
> partition space for the kernel to reside fully below cylinder 1023.

Do you know how you set up your partitions? The thing is that / (root
filesystem) needs to begin before the 1024th cylinder. If / is not the
first partition, there is a good chance this is your problem.

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com