Re: [TCLUG:9873] DSL USWEST and Timeouts

Quoting Mike Nielsen (mnielsen@iastate.edu):

> I wonder if this happens to anyone else.  If I am telnetting to another site
> (Seems like any site has the same problems)  But if I'm idle for 15 minutes the
> connection gets booted.
>
> The same happens for anyone telnetting into me.
>
> Does anyone know where this behavior is controled?  Or know of a work around?

Real Time has seen this problem as well. Even with the deluxe Megabit service.
The work around has been to ping every 60 secs, 1 packet to keep the link up.

I do not know the cause, but it's really irritating. Of course USWest says it
is on our side.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700