Re: [TCLUG:9888] DSL Timeouts... More info

> I assume my problem is going to be in the ipchains config of the firwall...
> I have yet to find anything abour timeouts however

From the ipchains manpage

       -S, --set tcp tcpfin udp
              Change  the  timeout  values used for masquerading.
              This command always takes 3 parameters,  represent-
              ing  the  timeout  values (in seconds) for TCP ses-
              sions, TCP sessions after receiving a  FIN  packet,
              and  UDP  packets, respectively.  A timeout value 0
              means that the current timeout value of the  corre-
              sponding  entry  is preserved.  This option is only
              allowed in combination with the -M flag.

But I have never had a problem with timeouts since I always use
ssh when connecting over an insecure network.

Regards

					- Karl